I saw this recipe the other day on the Food and Wine website, and it looked so easy I had to try it out! Normally I find alfredo sauces way too heavy, but this one is so light and cheesy and yummy. And it literally took as much time to make as it took the pasta to cook. So easy! Here you go:
Recipe by Emily Kaiser
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup thick whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated pecorino cheese (1 1/2 ounces), plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the fettuccine well.
- Add the ricotta and the 1/2 cup of pecorino to the pot along with the reserved pasta cooking water; stir until smooth. Add the fettuccine and the basil, season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve in bowls, passing additional grated pecorino at the table.