In honour of this past weekend being Canadian Thanksgiving, I am devoting today to a list of things that I am thankful for. As I gorged on turkey, mashed potatoes and pie this weekend, my thoughts also drifted to the many joys in my life.
- the swiftness with which I met my husband, who also happens to be the nicest man on earth, and one true love of my life.
- the joy and gift that each of my two children are to me. The smile they each bring to my face daily, and the warmth they bring into my life.
- the support system of wonderful friends and family I have been blessed enough to collect over the years. Without them, life would be harder.
- even the dog makes it onto this list, as his unconditional love and joy lift my spirits when they need it most.
- the many other things that make my life a little better each day, my favourite authors, movies, tv shows, for entertaining me and allowing me to escape a little when everything else seeks to overwhelm.
- and of course to my readers out there, wherever you are, thank you for reading.